Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2016

One foot in front of the other...

Little one. You are a big sister now. It's been over a year since I have decided to write something to you, and now I feel I must write for both you and your brother.

Today I want to tell you how in the middle of a manic morning I was able to stop and marvel at your bare feet. They have all of a sudden gathered rough spots. When running my fingers over your feet and oohing at your toes, I noticed... at your heels, slight patches of dry skin. They're not like Jack's feet at all. He still has baby-smooth skin, despite running around without socks and shoes. Are you growing up, my first born? Ha - saying that makes it sound as if I would one day have one or two more babies... but that's not the plan these days.


You're two and a half years old and bright as can be. Daddy and I love when you surprise us by saying something so beyond your years - and there are always people commenting about how articulate you are. It really is so remarkable. You will never know how lucky I feel to be your mom. 

Hopefully with this first dip back into jotting thoughts down for you both I can collect something you will one day be able to enjoy. Insight into the craziness of caring for what a year ago I would have called "two under two." Now there's no cute phrase... Jack is 16 months and you are 5 months away from turning three. We have been trying to teach Jack to walk holding hands and just the simple act of being between the two of you and walking you from the car to a building bursts my heart and makes me hear all of the voices in my head of the people who have said, over and over, IT GOES SO FAST.

No comments:

Post a Comment