Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Postpartum: 18 weeks old!

Time traveling Mommy here... almost a year later, back to jot down somethings I hope will one day be insightful for you. I just laid you down in your Pack-n-Play and am listening to you stir. I think if I just commit to 10-15 minutes a day I can really boost my output here. It's amazing how quickly the days go. A few things to note, in simple form:

Your birthday was on a Saturday
You just turned four months old
You have the most beautiful blue eyes and a smile that makes your entire face glow
Favorite things: bath time, car keys, standing up
You were named after your daddy and your middle name is the feminine for John

We still keep you in our room, and it makes me sad that so many people advise me not to, or warn that keeping you so close to me will bite me in the future, when you're old enough to realize that I'm laying you down in your own room and not ours. There is something so wonderful about having you close to me, in my arms, near my heart - I have to be honest, I have at least one thought a day that centers around how absolutely vital you are to me... what I would do if I lost you, I can't even wrap my head around the gravity of that. I hold you and often think of that moment on July 6 when the doctor first showed me your face... and I thought, There she is... we made her, she is real.

Little one, maybe I will be able to give you something here that will be important to someday. This is spontaneous for me... I could possibly be more structured, and focused. Possibly.

Today we are supposed to visit a gym just for you. More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment